Friday, May 07, 2010

Wrist update

This morning I went to my doctor to get the x-ray results on my wrist. I talked about my wrist/hand issues here.

It turns out that its not broken, which is a really good thing.  However, I did end up bruising my bone, muscles and tendons pretty bad. Apparently, what this means is that I have to keep it in a brace for the next 2 to 3 weeks. I will also have to ice it three times a day and keep it elevated as much as I can.  I was also reminded not to lift anything that's heavy so that I allow it to heal properly.  This should be interesting with two young children that don't always understand practical considerations like "I can't do that" or "mommy can't lift you right now".  It will also mean that I won't be doing that much cleaning for a while, but my husband is willing to do all he can, so it shouldn't get that bad.

Basically, I have to treat my wrist like it is broken, even though it isn't, so that it can heal.  At least I don't have to worry about a cast.  All this because I broke my wrist when I was 12 rollerskating. Good times!!
Thanks for the concern and prayers.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Laina said...

Well, it could've been much worse. Now as a mom to mom, I'm sure you're going to want to take care of everything else before yourself because the idea of being "limited" is frustrating. I encourage you to take the time to care for your wrist, that way it can heal quickly and you can get back to full use! :)
http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/