Saturday, April 14, 2012

sick kids + fevers = lots of sleep

Yesturday afternoon both of my kids came down with fevers. At 5:20pm they started to ask about going to bed and they were both in bed by 5:30pm last night. Then this morning they didn't get out of bed until 11:30am. Thats 18 hours of sleep.
Now they both did wake several times thoughout the night and morning for a drink of water or to use the bathroom but for the most part they were sleeping. You know your kids are sick and need their rest when they sleep like that.
This afternoon was spent laying on the couch watching movies or reading books. Poor kids.
I felt bad when two of the neighbor families came by and asked if we would join them at the park. Both of my kids were sad they we couldn't but then said "mom, I like the park but were to sick to leave the couch, maybe next time". This statement made me smile, they are so sensible even when their sick.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: