Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hockey game and a Family Walk

This afternoon we watched the Olympic hockey game between Canada and the USA. It was a very intense game that could have gone either way. I was very proud of our team as they won!

To burn off some of our energy before dinner we took the kids out for a walk. They were excited to go out and spend some time outside since we have been indoors that last few days.
It was a short walk but it was nice and we all enjoyed it. David kept saying "this is so wonderful" and Jaclyn just repeated "so fun, so fun".
I think they have missed us going for walks. What do you think?


Once we got back to our complex and were close to home David started to walk backwards. He told us "I am walking backwards because I am good at it".
Just before we got to our door he tripped and fell into a mud puddle! I took some pictures of him dirty. Now some people might think that that is not that dirty and that is true, but for my son it really is. If you know David you know that he completely hates being dirty. He even gets pretty nervous and tense if the meal is messy, and has to see that there is a cloth to clean up with. He has just always been a clean kid. Now this can be a nice thing at times because he loves to organize and clean up the house all the time. He will tell me at least once a week that it is time to clean, even if the house is clean! So as you can imagine falling into mud would be traumatic for him. As soon as we got in the house I took off his dirty clothes and washed his hands before he was happy again. Then he said to me "mom, I was really dirty, I like being clean. Thanks for cleaning me up!"


Share/Save/Bookmark

7 comments:

Booklover1212 said...

Too cute about the mud puddle!! LOL!

Following you from MBC Follow group!

~ Jennifer

The Girl Next Door Grows Up said...

That was sweet! It is 40 degrees here and a nice day for a walk.

I am a new follower from MBC!!! I really like your blog!

TurboFanatic4Life said...

HI following you via mbc

http://www.turbofanatic4life.blogspot.com

Mommy Is Green said...

I can see why the kids loved being out for a walk. I'm getting antsy to get outside more myself. :)

Mama Ash said...

OMG, is your daughter wearing the Safe2Go? I got one for Charlie!
Thanks for following a fellow CDN, I'm following you now!

J. L. W. said...

I wish it was warm enough here to go out walking.

Darcy said...

Super cute! Found you thru MBC!

justanightowl.com